Friday, November 5, 2010

FEAR


As I walked silently down the alley, I had a hint of fear. I looked back from my shoulder to see if fear should exist in me. I heard something suspicious and looked back from my shoulder again, suddenly.... I saw from a far distance, a black shadow sitting against the wall. Stupidity has taken over me and I have decided to walk towards this shadow because it was curiosity. As I was walking rapidly towards this shadow, like a river flowing downward, I had the hint of a smell of a cigarette. Got closer and closer and it was a elderly man just looking at me as if he were innocent. I just stood in front of him just looking at his face and each wrinkle that sagged on his face was a curtain draping downward. I had a hard time seeing his whole face because it was covered by his base ball cap, creating a shadow. The wind was brushing slightly against me as I stood stiffly. His mustache was slightly moving like the bristles from an old broom moving. His eyes were a eclipse reflecting the light that gives a shine. As I looked deeper into his eyes, his eyes were pulsing through my head He stood up and took a puff from his cigarette. He sounded anxious and stuttered, "Don't do anything to me please! I have already been through a lot!" In my mind this man seem so familiar. Without a movement I was speechless.Realizing that he was my great grandfather! Ever since I remember that moment, I question myself, "Was this meant to happen? Even all these years I have forgotten about him."










No comments:

Post a Comment